- Who is more powerful IAS or IAS?
- Which is highest post in IAS?
- Can IAS get home posting?
- What is lowest post in IAS?
- How many IAS are in India?
- Can IAS keep gun?
- Can IAS have beard?
- Can two IAS officers marry?
- Can female IAS officer wear jeans?
- What is IAS salary?
- What is the first post of IAS?
- Can a foreigner marry an IAS?
- Do all IAS become DM?
- Which state cadre is best for IAS?
- Is Mobile allowed in IAS training?
Who is more powerful IAS or IAS?
The job profile of both IAS and IPS services is very broad and both are posted on powerful posts, but IAS is much more powerful as a DM.
In this system, police officers have more powers, but still less than an IAS..
Which is highest post in IAS?
Chief SecretaryThe highest post in the State is that of the Chief Secretary. At the top of the hierarchy of IAS officers is the Cabinet Secretary in the union government.
Can IAS get home posting?
Generally, an IAS/IPS officer cannot get his home cadre. However, there is a very slim chance of it. This is possible only if you get a very high rank and then there are vacancies in your home state for your category in that year. In addition, you should have given your first preference as your home state.
What is lowest post in IAS?
Most IAS officers start their careers in the state administration at the sub-divisional level as a sub-divisional magistrate. They are entrusted with the law and order situation of the city along with general administration and development work of the areas under their charge.
How many IAS are in India?
IAS, IPS and IFoS officers are allocated cadre which is either state, a group of state or/and union territories. The total authorised strength of IAS officers is 6,500 as on January 1, 2019 and the CDR is 1,381.
Can IAS keep gun?
To summarise, there are no guns entitled to IAS Officers by the government. However, they can get their own licensed guns like any other Indian citizen if they wish to. … Hence, IAS Officers can keep their personal guns but not use them on duty, neither do they need to do so under any circumstances.
Can IAS have beard?
10 Important Tips for UPSC Interview Round. Present yourself before the UPSC interview board clean, neat and tidy. Make sure you have a good haircut, clean nails, comb your hair well, maintain a smooth-shaven face and if you have beard trim it to maintain it tidily.
Can two IAS officers marry?
Some rules in the Inter-state cadre transfer are as follows: Inter cadre transfer shall continue to be permitted for members of All India Service officers on marriage to another member of an All India Service, where the officer or officers concerned have sought a change.
Can female IAS officer wear jeans?
Do not wear sneakers, chappals, noisy shoes or very high heels. Do not wear too expensive accessories or jewellery. For example, for females, bangles can be very distracting. Wearing jeans should be strictly avoided.
What is IAS salary?
Salary Structure of IAS Officers and IAS Career Path – 7th Pay CommissionLevelBasic PayTotal IAS SalaryEntry-level (starting salary)5610056100 – 132000Maximum Pay (cabinet secretary level)250000250000
What is the first post of IAS?
At the beginning of their career, IAS officers receive district training with their home cadres followed by their first posting. Their initial role is as a sub-divisional magistrate (SDM) and they are placed in charge of a district sub-division.
Can a foreigner marry an IAS?
1. The Civil Service rules which apply to the IPS officers of all cadres provides that if a civil servant marries a foreign national he shall forthwith intimate the Central Government. … He does not however need to seek prior permission of the government to marry a foreign national including a Pakistani National.
Do all IAS become DM?
On an average, the DM posting is given to the IAS Officer for 4 to 5 years only in the whole career as an IAS Officer. Some IAS officers never get an opportunity to become a DM at their career. … A DM is only a coordinating officer for all the state government departments.
Which state cadre is best for IAS?
North-Eastern states and UTs well represented Along with the Assam-Meghalaya cadre, the Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territories (AGMUT) cadre too is well-represented at the Centre with 22 officers posted in the senior ranks.
Is Mobile allowed in IAS training?
1. Officer trainees (OTs) are strictly prohibited from using mobile phones in the academic area. There are written instructions that mobile phones found with OTs in the academic area need to be confiscated, and the would-be-officer is fined. Trainees are however allowed to use mobile phones in their hostel rooms.