- Do you need an email address to set up an Apple ID?
- Why can’t I use my email address for Apple ID?
- Why is Apple ID saying my email address is not available?
- Can I make a new Apple ID and keep my stuff?
- How do I create an Apple ID using Gmail account?
- What email can I use for Apple ID?
- Can you use a Gmail account for iCloud?
- Can you use any email for Apple ID?
- Can you use iMessage with a Gmail account?
- Is Apple ID the same as Gmail account?
- Can I change my Apple ID email address without losing everything?
- Why can’t I use a Gmail account for Apple ID?
- What is the difference between Gmail and iCloud?
Do you need an email address to set up an Apple ID?
To create an Apple ID on an Apple TV, Android device, smart TV or streaming device, you can usually follow the on-screen steps provided and enter your full name, date of birth, an email address or phone number, and a payment method..
Why can’t I use my email address for Apple ID?
To be able to use this email address as an Apple ID, you will need to locate the Apple ID it is associated with and change it so that email is no longer associated with an Apple ID. It will then be available for use.
Why is Apple ID saying my email address is not available?
“Associated with” in this context means that the email address is not: already in use as an Apple ID. used as an alias for an Apple ID. used as a “rescue email address”
Can I make a new Apple ID and keep my stuff?
If you got a new email address and you used your old email address as your Apple ID and iCloud ID, you can change the ID and keep all content and data. When you change your Apple ID, you will not lose any data. … Update your Apple ID and password on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, and Apple TV.
How do I create an Apple ID using Gmail account?
Create an Apple ID when you set up your deviceTap Forgot password or don’t have an Apple ID.Tap Create a Free Apple ID.Select your birthday and enter your name. Tap Next.Tap Use your current email address, or tap Get a free iCloud email address.
What email can I use for Apple ID?
If you choose to create an Apple ID, you’ll be able to use an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email address that doubles as your new username. Those already using an Apple email as their Apple ID are able to change their username as well, but only to another @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email address.
Can you use a Gmail account for iCloud?
Yes, you can create an iCloud account using Gmail I’d. You need email addresses for iCloud account. You can use Gmail, yahoo mail, Hotmail for iCloud account. You can create free account.
Can you use any email for Apple ID?
Any valid e-mail address can be used to set up a new Apple ID as long as the e-mail address isn’t already being used with an Apple ID as primary or rescue email. In fact it is recommended to use a non Apple email address to set up an Apple ID.
Can you use iMessage with a Gmail account?
1) Open the Settings app and navigate to Settings > General > Messages > Send & Receive. 2) Tap on the blue Add Another Email… button that appears under the You can be reached by iMessage at header. 3) Type in the email address you want to use for iMessage and tap on the Return key on the keyboard.
Is Apple ID the same as Gmail account?
Your Apple ID account is separate from your Gmail account, even if you are using your Gmail email address as your Apple ID email.
Can I change my Apple ID email address without losing everything?
If you no longer use the email address that’s associated with your Apple ID, you can change it. You won’t lose access to your contacts, purchases, or other account information.
Why can’t I use a Gmail account for Apple ID?
If your e-mail address was associated with the ID in any way, for example as a Reachable at or Rescue e-mail address, then it can’t be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID.
What is the difference between Gmail and iCloud?
Gmail: A free web-based e-mail service. Get your messages instantly via push notifications, read and respond online & offline, and find any message quickly; iCloud: *A cloud storage and cloud computing service *. …